FOLLOW US
Back

How much does Italian creativity worth?

How much does Italian creativity worth?
How much does Italian creativity worth?
A new studio is photographing the whole industry
How much does Italian creativity worth?
How much does Italian creativity worth? | A new studio is photographing the whole industry
"Creativity and culture are the wealth of a society, the expression of a people." Part of this premise, which attributes an absolute and fundamental dignity to thinking and making creative, the Italia Creativa project. An initiative promoted by Siae and the Ministry for Activities and Cultural Heritage, highlighting the need to support and enhance the Creativity Industry in our country. The reason? More than that, given that creativity is today an important economic and social value, both in terms of business volume and employment.
 
The 11 Areas of Creativity
To affirm it in an unappellabile way is a study that has placed under the magnifying glass eleven major areas of the creative and cultural world: architecture, performing arts, visual arts, books, cinema, music, advertising, newspapers and periodicals, radio, television and Home entertainment, video games.
 
Employment in the field of creativity
The result is significant: just under 47 billion euros represent the total economic value generated by the culture and creativity industry in our country in 2014. Of these, 86% are direct, that is, deriving from activities directly linked to Creative chain, such as the conception, production and distribution of cultural and creative works and services. The remaining 14% is indirect revenue, ie related to collateral or subsidiary activities. On the podium there are the sectors of Television and Home Entertainment, Visual Arts and Advertising, with generated values ​​of 12.2, 11.2 and 7.4 billion respectively.
To be clear: In 2014, the Culture and Creativity industry has occupied almost one million people, or 3.8% of total employment in Italy.
Considering the segmentation of the occupation, the Visual Arts, Music and Performing Arts sectors have a leading role, with their respective 242,000, 161,000 and 151,000 occupied. This means that the Industry of Culture and Creativity is among the first sectors in Italy for a total number of employees, surpassing supply chains such as the food industry, luxury, automotive industry or the chemical industry.
 
The new generations at the forefront
A further concern of the creative sector is to involve the new generations, protagonists in experimenting with new high-creative creative languages. For new ideas, new models and new inspirations are increasingly being "spoken, thought and consumed digital". Generating Word 2.0.
- MORE IMAGES -
How much does Italian creativity worth?