Born in 2002 by the will of the Municipality of Rome and of the Order of Architects of Rome and its Province, Casa dell’Architettura (“Architecture House” in English) is today an important cultural and exhibition institution with the task of promoting Roman architectural culture and contemporary art through exhibitions, awards, conferences, meetings and initiatives at national and international level, film cycles, meetings with authors and events as interdisciplinary as possible.
The Casa dell'Architettura of Rome, aka former Roman Aquarium, is a building located in Piazza Manfredo Fanti, between Via Cavour and Rome Termini Station. Built around 1890, the building was the home of an aquarium only for a few years, and was subsequently used as a depot near the closer Opera House. At the center there are cultural initiatives to foster and disseminate an architectural and environmental awareness to offer a privileged reading of the world of international architecture. A privileged place for presenting projects, recent achievements, retrospectives, visual arts exhibitions, with the aim of spreading design, aesthetic, intellectual, artistic researches.
The main goal is the involvement of not only industry professionals, but also of large audience groups with targeted initiatives and specific opportunities, with the aim to offering all the tools to read and understand the environment in which we live and his unceasing change over time. The House of Architecture operates nationwide and international: international, by creating synergies and collaborations with other institutions of architectural culture operating in Europe and major capitals; National, by collaborating with other Houses operating in the Roman territory (the House of Jazz, Cinema, Fashion and many others).