The "Istituto Geografico Visceglia " was founded in 1929 thanks to prof. Vincenzo Visceglia. For 70 years it produces cartographic publications which call the attention of town planners, engineers, municipal, industrial and tourist authorities.
Visceglia maps have been an essential tool for accomplishing town planning schemes and for studying urban projects. Today our company can supply extensive good-quality traditional cartography, such as maps for tourism, for marketing, and wall maps for school.
Visceglia's wealth is made of hundreds of original hand made cartographic bases drawn by expert designers, a library, and an archive of rare and antique maps. Today's highly demanding graphical perfection and the tight updating rhythms call for the introduction of new technologies.
We realize an extremely innovative digital cartography, which meets current territory-reading demands such as statistics cartography software and any type of thematic geographic map in design and colour as by customers' requirements. We also reproduce ancient geographic maps and realise chalk and wooden globes, and carry out gadgets for interior decoration of geographic subject.
The cultural and human inheritance left to us by Vincenzo Visceglia is surely extraordinary having resisted three generations, with no big shakes. In fact, this inheritance today is still rich in innovations and developments. After Vincenzo Visceglia,'s death, in Rome in 1971, it was with the same enthusiasm and dynamic spirit of his founder, that the institute continued its activities under the daughter's direction, Rosangela. She initially worked in close collaboration with the Professor and then, for 25 years, as the society's director.